MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site Goes white every time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a strange issue where everytime i do something in the plugins or changes to a skin template this happens to site and have to do a restore any ideas???
We're going to need your URL to help with this, you've either got your Board URL setting wrong or some CHMODs wrong but we can't tell you for sure without your URL.
(2009-11-22, 01:28 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]We're going to need your URL to help with this, you've either got your Board URL setting wrong or some CHMODs wrong but we can't tell you for sure without your URL.

Sure i dont have language files chmod to 777 would that cause this???
No, nothing to do with language files, as I said, we'll need your URL to tell you exactly what to do.

Make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777, that the folders inside are 777 and files inside are 666... if they already are, we need your URL to help you.
It looks like it isn't reading the CSS stylesheet. As Matt said, chmod ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ to 777. If you don't know what that means, set the permissions of those two directories to allow anyone to read and write.
go into configuration > settings > general configuration , and make sure that "Board URL" and "Homepage URL" are your forums urls .
The Homepage won't have anything to do with it, that's just the link that goes in the footer.
well that solved my problem of the page going white
Well, trust me, the Homepage URL does nothing other than go in the footer, it doesn't go into the URL for loading CSS, maybe just saving the settings is what fixed it.