MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Seperate Requests & Development for theming section?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe at one time there was only one forum for the two subjects but they were separated when they grew too large. I still don't don't see the point in splitting a forum into two, that has only 17 pages.
Just to be consistant really.
It would be easier to organize as well.
The way I think of it, you usually have a request of some sort (or an original idea), and you develop based on that. It would be redundant to have a request thread, and to have to link to another thread in another forum for the continuation of that idea.
(2009-12-03, 12:59 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]The way I think of it, you usually have a request of some sort (or an original idea), and you develop based on that. It would be redundant to have a request thread, and to have to link to another thread in another forum for the continuation of that idea.

Then why is the plugin forum different?
(2009-12-03, 11:09 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-03, 12:59 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]The way I think of it, you usually have a request of some sort (or an original idea), and you develop based on that. It would be redundant to have a request thread, and to have to link to another thread in another forum for the continuation of that idea.

Themes are usually just a "build-it-once-and-forget" for the most part, but plugins have a much higher need for maintenance. That is why it makes sense to have separate threads for plugins as there will be much more updates to them than themes.

Just FYI, what dennis stated was his own opinion, not the policy of the MyBB Group.
(2009-12-03, 11:27 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-03, 11:09 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]

Themes are usually just a "build-it-once-and-forget" for the most part, but plugins have a much higher need for maintenance. That is why it makes sense to have separate threads for plugins as there will be much more updates to them than themes.

Just FYI, what dennis stated was his own opinion, not the policy of the MyBB Group.

Ah i missed the i in that sorry.

I just suggested it because i have seen the rising number of theme thread. (Dev)
Pages: 1 2