MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic log out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is there a way to automatically log all users out of the forum when they leave the forum like what happens with the Admin account?

Thanks.
(2009-11-23, 04:05 PM)CalleZorro Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Is there a way to automatically log all users out of the forum when they leave the forum like what happens with the Admin account?

Thanks.

I am not so sure I understood what you meant. When the users leave the forum they are logged out.
On the forum at www.MarriedAndHappy.com/Forum, once a user logs in, myBB remembers them so that when they come back, they are still logged in.

If a user wishes to log out, they have to specifically click the logout link before they leave.

However, the admin page/account is different...when I log in as admin and then leave the site, it automatically logs me out of the admin acccount after so many minutes such that I have to log back in the next time I come to the admin page.

So, I'm asking how do I configure myBB so that it automatically logs ALL users out when they leave the forum/site such that they too will have to log back in when they return?

Did I say that in a way that makes sense?
You can change this situation, for each member individually, in your AdminCP by unticking this box "Remember login details for future visits" in the User Account Settings.

You could also change that setting for all your members using a SQL command in you phpmyadmin.
The admin section works differently to normal logins, the ACP has it's own sessions table and expires after a certain amount of time, so you have to login again, the normal forum logs you in again if you've set it to save your login details; as correctly mentioned above, if they untick that setting, it won't remember them and won't log them in automatically.
Thank you. This satisfies my need.

Also, a BIG thank you to all of the people behind myBB. This is a great piece of software and I really appreciate what the myBB team has created.