MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AARGH. Urgent Problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been wanting to skin on my own user area so I set this up. I'm don't care about the urls (hence the /upload bit) and the installation worked correctly but I get this error;

Language english (/home/a4555034/public_html/mybb/Upload/inc/languages/english) is not installed
http://thomasbower.netau.net/mybb/Upload/

I have reinstalled the english file and the it is CHMODDED to 666. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?
Maybe you should make it 777.
I don't know, just suggestig an idea.
(2009-11-23, 06:07 PM)MaTu Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you should make it 777.
I don't know, just suggestig an idea.

Nah, it didn't work. Thanks anyway.
Make sure ./inc/languages/english/ is set to 777 and all the lang files themselves are 666 or 644.
(2009-11-23, 06:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./inc/languages/english/ is set to 777 and all the lang files themselves are 666 or 644.

Just tried that. And still, the same bad luck. What about the languages/english/admin file? What CHMOD should the folder have and what CHMOD should the files inside be?
Same as that other folder. It won't be that though because it's mentioning the normal language files. Can you PM me FTP info??

Edit: I meant 755, not 777.
(2009-11-23, 06:54 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Same as that other folder. It won't be that though because it's mentioning the normal language files. Can you PM me FTP info??

Edit: I meant 755, not 777.

Sent the FTP info.
./inc/languages/ was set to 766 for some reason, set it to 755, seems to be sorted Smile
(2009-11-23, 07:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]./inc/languages/ was set to 766 for some reason, set it to 755, seems to be sorted Smile

Indeed. Thankyou very much.