MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template doesn't want to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I have installed mybb and working at the templates for days without problems. But now i don't know what to do.

First of all i copied the default templates in a new set and start working only on this new set. Now i want to edit the template "newthread" copied my code in, saved it and look up in the browser how it changes, like i did in every template. At first there were no problem but now i wanted to go on and fixxed a few lines and copied in the rest. But in the browser nothing changes anymore from this moment on.
The Sourcecode in the Browser is always the same even if i add delete or change line in the template. So my first idea was to insert the default template in it. I switched to the Default Template Set and searched it. It wasn't there, it seems to be deleted don't know why Sad

So i restarted my vroot and copied the default template from the install files from mybb and inserted it in the default template set with the tab new template and also inserted it in my own template set for resetting it.

Nothing Changes... the Browser (ff and also ie) show up my half edited template from yesterday.

EDIT: If i change the Theme in the User CP to the default set, everything is fine now. But in my own Set the template is outputted wrong.

Please help me.

Mfg BJ
Can you printscreen the New Thread Templates expanded?? If it has been deleted, adding it again via the ACP won't add it back properly.
Here is the Screen if you mean this:
[Image: 712aj4fojy9i.gif]

I think its colored blue because the default Template was deleted. It was blue all the time.

Mfg BJ
Bah, one day I'll figure out how this happens Undecided

Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

INSERT INTO mybb_templates
(title,template,sid,version)
VALUES
('newthread',
'<html>
<head>
<title>{$lang->newthread_in}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"jscripts/post.js?ver=1400\"></script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$preview}
{$thread_errors}
{$attacherror}
<form action=\"newthread.php?fid={$fid}&amp;processed=1\" method=\"post\" enctype=\"multipart/form-data\" name=\"input\">
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"my_post_key\" value=\"{$mybb->post_code}\" />
<table border=\"0\" cellspacing=\"{$theme[\'borderwidth\']}\" cellpadding=\"{$theme[\'tablespace\']}\" class=\"tborder\">
<tr>
<td class=\"thead\" colspan=\"2\"><strong>{$lang->post_new_thread}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$loginbox}
<tr>
<td class=\"trow2\" width=\"20%\"><strong>{$lang->thread_subject}</strong></td>
<td class=\"trow2\"><input type=\"text\" class=\"textbox\" name=\"subject\" size=\"40\" maxlength=\"85\" value=\"{$subject}\" tabindex=\"1\" /></td>
</tr>
{$posticons}
<tr>
<td class=\"trow2\" valign=\"top\"><strong>{$lang->your_message}</strong>{$smilieinserter}</td>
<td class=\"trow2\">
<textarea name=\"message\" id=\"message\" rows=\"20\" cols=\"70\" tabindex=\"2\">{$message}</textarea>
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class=\"trow1\" valign=\"top\"><strong>{$lang->post_options}</strong></td>
<td class=\"trow1\"><span class=\"smalltext\">
<label><input type=\"checkbox\" class=\"checkbox\" name=\"postoptions[signature]\" value=\"1\" tabindex=\"7\"{$postoptionschecked[\'signature\']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>
{$disablesmilies}</span></td>
</tr>
{$modoptions}
{$subscriptionmethod}
{$pollbox}
{$captcha}
</table>
{$attachbox}
<br />
<div style=\"text-align:center\"><input type=\"submit\" class=\"button\" name=\"submit\" value=\"{$lang->post_thread}\" tabindex=\"4\" accesskey=\"s\" />  <input type=\"submit\" class=\"button\" name=\"previewpost\" value=\"{$lang->preview_post}\" tabindex=\"5\" />{$savedraftbutton}</div>
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"action\" value=\"do_newthread\" />
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"posthash\" value=\"{$posthash}\" />
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"attachmentaid\" value=\"\" />
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"attachmentact\" value=\"\" />
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"quoted_ids\" value=\"{$quoted_ids}\" />
<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"tid\" value=\"{$tid}\" />
{$editdraftpid}
</form>
{$forumrules}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>',
'-2',
'1400');

Sorry if it stretches the page, make sure you get all of it.
PMA gives me a apache Error Page:

Quote:Request-URI Too Large

The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.
Apache/2.2.10 (Linux/SUSE) Server at default Port 80

EDIT: i edited now the template row in bei mybb_template table changed the content to that you give me and sid and version too. Now it is green in the Admin CP but the page i see if i click new thread is the same, half edited...