MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Update Notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think with the release of MyBB2.0, the mod section should be revamped. Here is what I am proposing. Each publisher of a mod is given a unique URL, such as mybboard.net/notify/029jsjhd0389v9c/

Using an API, a notification service would be included within MyBB2.0 which would essentially allow the publisher to ping this URL notifying all installed instances of this plugin that there is a new version.

Wordpress has this... What do you think?
(2009-11-24, 03:56 PM)_jordan Wrote: [ -> ]I think with the release of MyBB2.0, the mod section should be revamped. Here is what I am proposing. Each publisher of a mod is given a unique URL, such as mybboard.net/notify/029jsjhd0389v9c/

Using an API, a notification service would be included within MyBB2.0 which would essentially allow the publisher to ping this URL notifying all installed instances of this plugin that there is a new version.

Wordpress has this... What do you think?

2.0 a long ways away, and i think this will fit with the timeline of it. i say yay!
The Mods site here already uses such a system.
This is technically possible with MyBB 1.4 now. When a mod author submits their mods to mybboard.net, they get an api key. This API key already provides the administrators with mod updates in the ACP.
(2009-11-24, 04:35 PM)Sephiroth Wrote: [ -> ]This is technically possible with MyBB 1.4 now. When a mod author submits their mods to mybboard.net, they get an api key. This API key already provides the administrators with mod updates in the ACP.

Really? Wow, I guess I don't have enough plugins installed or something because I've never seen that feature in action. Toungue

Oh well... Go MyBB!!
(2009-11-24, 04:46 PM)_jordan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-24, 04:35 PM)Sephiroth Wrote: [ -> ]This is technically possible with MyBB 1.4 now. When a mod author submits their mods to mybboard.net, they get an api key. This API key already provides the administrators with mod updates in the ACP.

Really? Wow, I guess I don't have enough plugins installed or something because I've never seen that feature in action. Toungue

Oh well... Go MyBB!!

Just click the "Plugin Updates" tab.