MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Managing Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Actually, just getting ANY of the installed plugins to be recognized by MyBB.

I am sure I am just missing something REALLY simple, but I am confused by the PlugIn Manager system.

In the Admin CP - Plugin Manager screen, I can see one plugin installed for Hello World - HOWEVER - when I click on the option to Activate, it says it was activated, but there is no change in the site - and further, the Activate button remains unchanged (I *think* it should change to 'Deactivate').

I also copied a couple of simple plugins to the inc/plugin/ directory, but the Plugin Manager does not see them.

Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains how to use plugins??

TIA

- Dan
DHC Wrote:Actually, just getting ANY of the installed plugins to be recognized by MyBB.

I am sure I am just missing something REALLY simple, but I am confused by the PlugIn Manager system.

In the Admin CP - Plugin Manager screen, I can see one plugin installed for Hello World - HOWEVER - when I click on the option to Activate, it says it was activated, but there is no change in the site - and further, the Activate button remains unchanged (I *think* it should change to 'Deactivate').

I also copied a couple of simple plugins to the inc/plugin/ directory, but the Plugin Manager does not see them.

TIA

- Dan

Ok well first of all the plug-ins should be put in the /inc/plugins directory. And as for the "Hello World" plug-in I belive it is right above the forum listing.
MMouse Wrote:
DHC Wrote:Actually, just getting ANY of the installed plugins to be recognized by MyBB.

TIA

- Dan

Ok well first of all the plug-ins should be put in the /inc/plugins directory. And as for the "Hello World" plug-in I belive it is right above the forum listing.

Yes, I know. The plugins were uploaded to the proper directory. And the Hello World plugin does NOT seem to function. That is the reason I wrote and asked for a tutorial.

- Dan
I was slightly mistaken. The 'Activate' button *did* work - but there seems to be no way to Deactivate the Hello World plugin.

The other problem - where the Plugin Manager does NOT recognize new plugins that are installed into the /inc/plugins/ directory - remains a problem.

TIA for any assistance.

- Dan
I saw this before when one of my plugins had a PHP parse error. Try accessing each plugin individually to find the culprit.
laie_techie Wrote:View them in your browser:

http://www.mydomain.com/forums/inc/plugi...plugin.php

OK thanks - I'll give that a try.

- Dan
laie_techie Wrote:View them in your browser:

http://www.mydomain.com/forums/inc/plugi...plugin.php

OK - well here is the message I received:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/Dan/public_html/MyBoard/inc/plugins/EMS.php on line 42

Line 42 is this: $plugins->add_hook("global_start", "the_global");

On another plugin, a VERY similar error message, as follows:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/Dan/public_html/MyBoard/inc/plugins/boardmsg.php on line 10

Line 10 is this: $plugins->add_hook('global_start', 'boardmsg');

Any idea where the problem is???

- Dan
Ignore the errors about $plugins->add_hook in the different plugins. The fact that you're seeing them means that they parsed properly. $plugins is defined in a different place and is available normally.
Pages: 1 2