MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TheCommunityV2 (Ryan)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2009-12-02, 10:36 PM)Relyc Wrote: [ -> ]You get to manage the site,etc

Why would they want to do that?
It's a reward, and also I said etc too so they get more stuff, maybe like getting the donation money if they have PayPal
First off, why would anyone donate to an empty general board?

Toungue
Instead of putting Relyc down give him advice.

Relyc - you can go to godaddy get a info domain i believe they were having them for $0.89 for the 1st year, $10 after that each year, Grab a free hosting account or go to hostgator $5 a month or find something similar. You can start a general discussion forums, but many people will not join up their are way to many out their on the web. The best way you can get members is to offer something Exclusive/unique give freebies. Find your talent, can you design? If so design some free graphics.. hand them off make free mods, just to grab their attention i started on a free forum hosting just as you, But i was handing out simple PSD files i created. Can't find members still tell your friends an family to help get you some activity in the community, find another web partner to help you run the forum.. Spend more time on building you forums, don't just make a forum install a skin, pop on a sloppy banner, actually take time to set it up let people know you are serious about making a real community

Just my two cents.
It's not a general community btw, it's a new site now that I made called NakaMuura. The link for it is: www.nakamuura.justmybb.com. It's a gaming forum. Also:

1. Yes I do have a web partner named Joshua
2. We are working on graphics, and we're currently trying to find a good graphic maker.
3. I can't afford to pay for the domain right now so I'm asking people to handle it for me.
4. After that, we will try and get a good hosting service

Anyways, thank you for your appreciation.
Also if your host does not do backup's it may be hard to move to a paid hosting account unless you ask for a DB backup, for a small price later on when you are planning to move it to the new host.

That just the bad part of being hosted on an automated forum system host, But it never hurts to ask the owner, Good luck with your site.
Thank you very much. You are a very kind person.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5