MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore deleted threads, posts, polls and attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This plugin will backup threads, posts, polls (including votes) and attachments automatically when a user (regardless of user group) deletes them on front end!
You can view and restore these backups with just a few mouse clicks within Admin CP.

Notice: This plugin will not provide a full backup of your MyBB database! It adds some database tables and before a database record will be deleted a backup of this record will be made.

Please give feedback (bugs, errors, usability, ...) so I can release a final version!

Hint: The icons in Admin CP are clickable!

Beta phase ended, plugin released: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/undo-delete
Testing...
Looks good, thanks for the submission!

+ Rafael. Your avy is perfect for this thread, I wouldn't let you anywhere near this plugin, lol.
(2009-11-25, 05:34 PM)ReDDs Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, thanks for the submission!

+ Rafael. Your avy is perfect for this thread, I wouldn't let you anywhere near this plugin, lol.

LOL, maybe is good as the plugin info! Big Grin
Is there a mass delete feature or possible a cron script that you can configure that will automatically delete backs ups after a certain period(a setting)? For large board this could be handing because it could take time sifting through deleted posts or threads.
Oh I forgott: License is GPL.
If there are any typo in the plugin please feel free to post it here. I'm not a native englisch speaker. Big Grin
(2009-11-25, 06:08 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a mass delete feature or possible a cron script that you can configure that will automatically delete backs ups after a certain period(a setting)? For large board this could be handing because it could take time sifting through deleted posts or threads.

This feature is on my to do list!
New version 0.2 (attached in first post):

Now it is possible to empty backup tables. Also there is a new update method for outdated backup tables (when an other plugin or mybb upgrade modifies a core table the backup table has to modify the same way).

Please give feedback (bugs, errors, usability, ...) so I can release a final version!
New version 0.3 (attached in first post):

Optimized logics in Admin CP (Controls Menu).

It seems that nobody need such a plugin. Very high attendance here...
This could be a really powerful plugin if it used MyBB's backup dumps instead of its own backup tables to restore stuff. Many people have backups but don't know how to use SQL to selectively restore only specific parts of it.

It would have to read the backup file, restore relevant tables under a different name, use SQL to find out which items are in the backup but not in the current tables (i.e. deleted and possibly even edited stuff), and offer to restore those.

It would also get rid of any overhead, however the downside is that it'd not catch threads / post that exist only for a very short time (i.e. created and deleted before it could make its way into a backup dump).
(2009-11-27, 08:57 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It would also get rid of any overhead, however the downside is that it'd not catch threads / post that exist only for a very short time (i.e. created and deleted before it could make its way into a backup dump).

That's the point. Unfortunately most board admins doesn't create a full backup periodically.
I create backups of (diff) files and database just every ~24 hours. But from experience I know this is even not enough.

Your idea is very good! But my plugin goes a very different way. It creates backups of the deleted items on demand/delete. Also it "sleeps" and doesn't slows down the board if there is nothing do to.
With a full SQL backup you can not restore deleted attachments, because the file isn't stored in DB. But my plugin makes a backup of files too, so it's no problem to restore deleted attachments!

There are now 621 lines of code in version 0.4 and it's fully designed to do "on demand" backups. No way to discard the whole development time and create a new/other plugin. Toungue
I tried to restore a thread and i got this message:

Quote:Restore function not implemented in this version
That is so cool, great job. Thank you for sharing.
Pages: 1 2 3