MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some feedback on my theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not showing off a forum, just a theme. You're more than welcome to join the forum but it's just my development forum so there's a good chance it will be wiped or broken in the future. Wink

Anyways, I'm not a good designer at all due to many limitations but I am actually happy with how this one turned out. Let me know what you think! Big Grin

http://www.jmd.cc/bb/

Oh, I should mention I got the idea off the Easy Red theme for 1.2.x (I also used the thead_bg and tcat_bg images).
I'm not too keen, it hurts my eyes.
Add this to your CSS somewhere:
.logo {
        margin: 10px;
}
The logo is way to close to the edges, and the header is too small, so that will make it a little better Wink

Nice job overall though. Im not going to give any major criticism since this is your first theme, and as you have said before you suck with CSS Toungue
The template IS nice. But it would take a lot of CSS changes to make the template really look good.
I am horrible with CSS and colors so any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Ok, I changed the header and the padding for both it and the logo. Smile
First thing i would do is change the width of the container to about 950px or something around that. I hate forums that take up the whole page...

Second, i would make a new "bar" and put the "Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register)" and "current time" in there.

I think after that i would like it a lot more Smile
Get a better background or give the container a background! Also maybe make the container width a bit smaller never was a fan for fully stretched. Also the black border on the thead top looks weird.

Just get a good background color for the container and don't 100% stretch it.
(2009-11-25, 11:43 PM)Heartless Wrote: [ -> ]First thing i would do is change the width of the container to about 950px or something around that. I hate forums that take up the whole page...

Second, i would make a new "bar" and put the "Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register)" and "current time" in there.

I think after that i would like it a lot more Smile

I changed the container width to 85% but since I'm on my phone I can't see it properly so I will look at it when I get to my netbook later.

As for the new "bar", I'm not sure what you mean but I think I'm going to keep that template the MyBB default.
Do any of these backgrounds look any better?

Current:[Image: bg.png]
1:[Image: bg1.png]
2:[Image: bg2.png]
3:[Image: bg3.png]
4:[Image: bg4.png]
5:[Image: bg5.png]
6:[Image: bg6.png]
#3 looks a little better Wink
Colour the forum icons red to match the rest of the theme.
Pages: 1 2