MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for IPB alternative
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been on IPB for a VERY long time already.. have coded stuffs for it for my own use and other things..

Since IPB stopped offering FREE/TRial Versions (Sucks! sell outs!), i am forced to use NULLED versions.. but then my web host warned me that if i use nulled scripts and get reported, i will be terminated...

i can't risk that..

so im out for a new BBS system...

I was 90% leaning towards PunBB.org's BBS untill someone suggested MyBB.

Boy this BBS is neat....

Is there anything NEGATIVE that i should know about MyBB for people coming from IPB? what features arent present? (although im pretty sure it has all the essential features already)

any warnings or anything before i take the plunge?

Im downloading it now to try it myself...

I know already that we dont have a FULLY working IPB 2 to MyBB converter yet.. but good efforts are being made.. hope it goes 100% soon.

thanks in advance for all your advises.

Basically, MyBB is easier to skin and is more like a 'vb' BBS
the only things i can see missing are :

AJAX stuff for topic editing etc, search bot logs! (not overly important) and when skinning you do not have a wrapper which takes away small features when skinning.
i see. does MyBB have a search engine friendly version for search engine optimization?
MyBB has an Archiv Mode and kodaks is working on an extension for searchfriendly urls.
greaT!
.. and all of that fancy useless AJAX stuff will be making its way into the next version of MyBB.

But we're also going to make decent use of it within the Admin CP Wink
well i tell you though, i love myBB for what it is RIGHT NOW.. i cant really ask for a lot more. all the features that are really necessary for me are present.. Been on IPB for a looong time.. most features that i dont even use coz i try to keep things to basics and less or no mods at all.

MyBB right now is fast, easy, and lite.. i hope improvements and more features doesnt mean bloatness later on.. Smile

anyway good stuff!

Chris Boulton Wrote:.. and all of that fancy useless AJAX stuff will be making its way into the next version of MyBB.

But we're also going to make decent use of it within the Admin CP Wink
[Image: noooo_birds.jpg]

Javascript sucks. Sad Please tell me you're not going to rely on it for anything important...
Most javascript sucks if it is done poorly or in the wrong manner.

Did you know the current Admin CP already relies on Javascript?
Pages: 1 2