MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Connect, Twitter, & OpenID logins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
MyBB one of the most famous forum software, but not enough MyBB plugins developer I guess.
There are plenty to be honest. The code needed for openid is just very large, and most of our plugin makers either think it is too much for them, to much for so little, or just a waste of time.

Its there time developing. Let them choose what they want to do.
In other words Code=Very complex=Hard to do.
Just put the meebo bar on my site - its brill as long as you and your users dont mind the 5 second meebo registration.

Thanks FBI Smile
(2009-11-26, 11:52 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I've been developing Facebook Connect for MyBB over the past few months, and will be released shortly. It allows users to sign in/register with their Facebook logins.

As for functionality, it's pretty difficult for the end user (as in, you), to setup a Facebook Application to post to someone's wall. There's lots of things that can go wrong, and in the end it isn't worth the hassle. I haven't fully explored it, but not even IPB3 goes this far.

As for Twitter and OpenID, I haven't heard anyone else doing it.

IPB does support OppenID in ipb 3. When people liked that facebook connect was added.
Twitter how ever they do not have.
Also in ipb 3 you can update your profile status from facebook not sure if it goes the other way but they have a profile status in ipb3 that can connect to facebook.
(2010-01-13, 05:43 PM)amichan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-26, 11:52 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I've been developing Facebook Connect for MyBB over the past few months, and will be released shortly. It allows users to sign in/register with their Facebook logins.

As for functionality, it's pretty difficult for the end user (as in, you), to setup a Facebook Application to post to someone's wall. There's lots of things that can go wrong, and in the end it isn't worth the hassle. I haven't fully explored it, but not even IPB3 goes this far.

As for Twitter and OpenID, I haven't heard anyone else doing it.

IPB does support OppenID in ipb 3. When people liked that facebook connect was added.
Twitter how ever they do not have.
Also in ipb 3 you can update your profile status from facebook not sure if it goes the other way but they have a profile status in ipb3 that can connect to facebook.

MyBB=Forum. IPB Facebook mixed with a forum.
It does have a lot of social networking features that is for sure. I personally am thinking about switching to mybb and have been testing it for the past week.
I do wish it had the openid and face book connect like ipb has though, it would be cool.
(2010-01-13, 09:30 PM)amichan Wrote: [ -> ]It does have a lot of social networking features that is for sure. I personally am thinking about switching to mybb and have been testing it for the past week.
I do wish it had the openid and face book connect like ipb has though, it would be cool.

It will soon. When Tomm M finishes MyNetwork. (The never ending project Toungue)
Have you tried that facebook bar that is in the mods?
I thought at first that would allow facebook connects but it looks like it is just a friends and dock thing.
Oh but it is cool and it would be even cooler if you can book mark your favorite parts of the site in it.
yea...too bad you have to pay for My Tweets
(2010-01-13, 09:34 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-13, 09:30 PM)amichan Wrote: [ -> ]It does have a lot of social networking features that is for sure. I personally am thinking about switching to mybb and have been testing it for the past week.

It will soon. When Tomm M finishes MyNetwork. (The never ending project Toungue)

What all forms of log in types will it have?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8