MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unregistered people still can read hidden forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear MyBBs,

I have decided to temporarilty hide all forums and subforums. Why is it that I still see some people who are not registered reading some of our threads?
See here:

http://www.ndet.org/foro/online.php

Thanks so much!

Au
simpley set permissons to those forums or threads which u want tht guest shouldn't read

[Image: 28wl6dg.jpg]
Thank you Rockyy! I thought I had done that: restrict access to unregistered, banned and guests, but I will double check and we'll be back if it still does not work.
Thanks!
Au
Hi Rockyy,

I have double checked in Admin CP and confirm that the three groups I want to prevent from reading my forums had been restricted by myself. The three groups are: unregistered, awaiting activation and banned.

However, they keep reading.

Thanks for your help!

Au
Go to Admin CP -> Users and Groups -> Forum and Posts -> [Un Check] There things
Can View Board
Can View Threads

If u need further assistance and trust any of us , it will take hardly 10 minute to figure out the problem. and I will feel happy to help u without any cost.
How have you set Hide Private Forums? option at Forum Home Options? Also go to those forums and double check the permissions locally.
Are you thinking that because they are in the Who's Online list location as the thread they can read it?

If they are located on a thread and they don't have permission they will only see the permission page but MyBB location is still the thread. Just logout or test in a different browser.
Thank you so very much MyBBs! Now I understand.
Au