MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for assistance with a free web hosting company.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, as you know I recently sold my old free web hosting company in order to make more time and to allocate more resources to my new paid hosting company. Well since JWeb2 has taken off and I have ample assistance with it I am looking to start up another free web hosting company because I enjoyed it so much. I am doing so for 2 reasons:

1) It makes me feel good being able to give away something for free.
2) Because I am currently in the process of writing a book based on free web hosting and am using this new venture because I am taking a different approach to my previous free web hosting companies and would like to validate my research before I put it in my book.

So what I'm looking for is some staff members to help out in the forums (anybody with art/design skills is a plus), the help desk, and to help advertise. The only investment is time as I will handle all of the financial aspects of it including server and license costs. I am mainly looking for staff members who can handle basic support requests, moderate the forum, and assist with advertising (forum signatures, directory submissions, etc...).

Unlike previous ventures, I am attempting to keep my name out of this one to keep the results as unbiased as possible and because of this I require any staff members to not publicly advertise my affiliation with the company. This is also why I require some staff to do the advertising because if I were to advertise on specific sites it would give me an unfair advantage and any results acheived would be useless. This will change in the future once I have enough data for my book but until then, my interaction with the members will be limited to dealing with support.

In return for your efforts I have setup a banner rotation script on the main site that I will allow each staff member to place their own banner on the site. My last hosting company was making between $2-$15/day from Google Adsense and I am estimating that the new approach I am taking will result in revenue of over the $10/day mark. If you are unable to acquire an advertisement account (Adsense, Adbrite, etc...) and do not have a personal website you wish to advertise then I will gladly work our a revenue sharing plan with you based on the amount of income generated by my Adsense ads (which will include ads that are not placed in rotation on the forum).

I will handle all of the technical and financial aspects of the site but basic web server and cPanel knowledge is required.
Hey Joe!
I have experience is the following
• Cpanel/Whm
• Whmcs
• Basic Html
• Support Forums
I would be willing to help you out! If you need to know anything else let me know and I'll try my best to answer your questions Big Grin
Just Pmed you Smile
Wow, that was more replies and PMs than I had expected this late at night. I will provide more information after I finish with the content portion of the site which should be shortly. Wink

Also, the current country restrictions are still on the table as we have not even opened yet. I had originally planned on just allowing residents from the US and Canada but I am willing to adjust based on the interests of the support staff (with already 1 inquiry about a UK staff position). For the time being I've removed the location requirement from the original post. Big Grin
I can probably help with the support forums. Since I am good with themes I could help in that area too. Im not too good with the back-end of website stuff, but I could help with general questions about the hosting company and such.
Sent you a message.