MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Orange Accent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Another theme for the pile.

[Image: orangeaccent.png]

Demo: http://cmybb.com/forum/
(Use theme chooser at bottom of page)

Download: http://cmybb.com/theme/orangeaccent.php

Other themes by me available here.
[Image: jOP5L.png] [Image: 88Pz2.png]
It's soooo plain in IE without the rounded edges.
I've given up on trying to get stuff working in IE. The way I figure it, anyone stupid enough to use that browser probably doesn't care about aesthetics anyway.
I LOVE it!! A good minimalistic theme...
It's the same thing over, and over again...
(2009-11-30, 11:19 PM)_jordan Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE it!! A good minimalistic theme...

Thanks Smile

(2009-12-01, 12:15 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]It's the same thing over, and over again...

I don't edit templates. What do you expect? Plus I do use different buttons:

[Image: rFCxy.png] [Image: 1j3rR.png]

I suppose I should start editing templates, but I don't see the point in aimlessly moving buttons around when the default MyBB layout is perfectly fine.
It's not 'aimlessly' and it's nothing wrong with not editing templates, but why releasing the same theme if with one a person can make the 3 others that you made.

Also, forums and software are made so you could use them and use them to their fullest. I'm pretty sure the devs love to see unique creations that CAN be made with MyBB. MyBB's layout is good, yes, but you can show many ways that it could be molded.

Sticking into doing one thing doesn't do it in the design world these days.
(2009-12-01, 01:19 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]It's not 'aimlessly' and it's nothing wrong with not editing templates, but why releasing the same theme if with one a person can make the 3 others that you made.

Also, forums and software are made so you could use them and use them to their fullest. I'm pretty sure the devs love to see unique creations that CAN be made with MyBB. MyBB's layout is good, yes, but you can show many ways that it could be molded.

I somewhat agree with you. He has a few designs that are different from each other, but lately some of them have been just different colors.

Like Labrocca, though, he makes only CSS edits, so the way CAwesome does it, itsn't all that bad, but some variety would be nice.
(2009-12-01, 01:24 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-01, 01:19 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]It's not 'aimlessly' and it's nothing wrong with not editing templates, but why releasing the same theme if with one a person can make the 3 others that you made.

I somewhat agree with you. He has a few designs that are different from each other, but lately some of them have been just different colors.

Like Labrocca, though, he makes only CSS edits, so the way CAwesome does it, itsn't all that bad, but some variety would be nice.

Yes, and I am totally not against themes with only do CSS changes(seriously), but when it's the same thing- different colors....
They're free, they look good, and they can all use the same templates; I see nothing wrong with that. Does that mean it's the best one I've ever seen? No.. but functionality on a forum is important.
(2009-12-01, 01:29 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and I am totally not against themes with only do CSS changes(seriously), but when it's the same thing- different colors....

Also, it's kind of hard to not do explicitly color changes while just editing CSS Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2