MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Generating template emails for mass emailing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to create a series of templates that I can use when mass emailing members from my forum.

I send emails to members and it would help if I could create and or select from a set of templates to use, rarther than have to type the whole thing out again and again each time.

Any help welcome.

why dont u make draftsConfused
As I am new to this, you will have to explain that one a bit more for me. I can make up some draft emails in word but I am looking for something that i can choose from or select, I dont know if there is a mod about I can use or if you have a solution which is already there I can use.
At the moment there is no way to do such a thing - however it is a good idea and I know alot of people would find it useful when sending out emails.

I'll get it looked into Wink

Chris
Thanks Chris

I have found the Mybb forum brillient, which only gives me encouragement to run other forums using mybb, If you were able to do a mod that would give that facility in the admin I am sure it would benefit all.

Thanks for taking the idea on board, I will await the results with anticipation.
Chris, I have a template system for mass-emails...then again I also have a separate mail-system....tell me if you want to take a look at it Smile

cheers,
Kimmo
Hi Kimmo

Until Chris can check out if he can do something directly in the admin section anything will help.

I normally use Outlook express for sending emails, if this will work with that I could do with taking a look, thanks for the offer
why not write a post out in the new post bit, preview it...if its right copy it into the admin notepad and leave it there until you need it again for now. 300 posts Smile!
The only prob with that is that it is a lot of fiddling around, I would be interested to see Kimmo's solution if this would save time, until Chris can come up with something
that's the thing....I can not just give out the code as we paid for ours....but I've promised Chris a look at our code (kind of like returning to the community) if he wants ideas or even use some of the code...
our system contains everything from CMS to newsletter-system etc. and I am not enough of a coder to be able to separate our newsletter-system from everything else...sorry Sad
Pages: 1 2