MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change File Icons in Windows 7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded a bunch of file icons from DeviantArt (Microsoft Office, Adobe CS4 Suite, etc), and I want to change the icons to the ones I got.

Only problem is I don't know how. I Googled it, and couldn't find anything help, seems like Microsoft made it harder to customize in this new OS.

So does anyone know of anyway that I could change the file icons?
Find a theme, replace images. Input theme. Win(dows)

It really that easy, did that no less then 24 hours ago Wink
(2009-11-29, 10:02 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Find a theme, replace images. Input theme. Win(dows)

It really that easy, did that no less then 24 hours ago Wink

Not to sound like a noob, but how to you replace the images? I'm using the Soft 1.8 theme for Windows 7.
Download a theme. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windo...ersonalize

Find a theme you like. When it comes the image files, rename your files with the names in that folder, and add them in it.
(2009-11-29, 10:07 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Download a theme. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windo...ersonalize

Find a theme you like. When it comes the image files, rename your files with the names in that folder, and add them in it.

Hmm, I think you're describing something a bit different that what I am wanting to do.
Or you could just find the image folder, and swap them in. (Never tried on 7)
(2009-11-29, 10:19 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could just find the image folder, and swap them in. (Never tried on 7)

I could try that, only, do you know where the image folder is located for Microsoft Office? I check all around the Program Files folder, no dice.
Hmm, I can't remember how to do on default windows. However you could use a couple programs Wink.

There is TuneUp Utilities (a great program with many uses that I will recommend to anyone).

There is also iconPackager from stardock ).
(2009-11-29, 10:26 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I can't remember how to do on default windows. However you could use a couple programs Wink.

There is TuneUp Utilities (a great program with many uses that I will recommend to anyone).

There is also iconPackager from stardock ).

If there was a karma button, I'd totally give you some, thanks Smile