MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Very Laggy and Slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Overselling their database servers and it's causing load producing slowdown.

It's the host as I said.

Quote:My guess is a cheap crappy host blaming MyBB script.

I run sites at Dreamhost and even Servage under shared hosting perfectly fine with lots of plugins. DH has Mybb Central and Support Forums both have good load times.
Well, I thank you for all your support, and I will forward you guys a reply when one comes in. the Imperia platform on there servers is about to role out with Apache support for windows so if that doesn't fix it I'm outta there.

Thanks guys,
Chris
Yep, this is what I get:

Dear Gary

Please note, that we have checked our server few times. There is no any performance problem. It works as it should work. From the other hand you are hosting php forum on IIS server. It is well known fact that php run a little slower on IIS servers then on Linux servers. In case you do not need windows specific features in your hosting plan you can try to switch platform to Linux and check how it improve speed of your forum. Note, that it is necessary to backup all your files and databases before switching platform.

Kind regards,
Kirill Skripka
Technical Support
24/7 Live Chat
Try turning off the gzip compression setting. You have it set at 9 which can add some to the load. That wouldn't explain why it's this slow though.

Can you try repairing your tables? Perhaps there's something funky going on. Also, your host said they have the latest PHP and MySQL version but do they have all their extensions up-to-date? Have they tried downgrading and seeing if that solves an issue? Is there MySQL server setup on a "worker" or a "prefork" MPM configuration? We have found that instability can ensue on a "worker" MPM configuration with MySQL under certain circumstances.

The fact of the matter is there is absolutely no reason why it would be MyBB's fault here. I would take them up on their offer to switch to a linux server. There's no reason you need a windows server.
I don't believe it has anything to do with MyBB. Based on just about all of the reviews, the technical support staff are quick to point a finger at code or software when it is obviously their servers.
You only need a Windows Server if you want to access a Desktop via Remote Control for running a gaming server or something if not switch to Linux.
Well other than the two forums there is another site written in ASP.NET 2.0, which I cannot abandon that site. Would IIS really slowdown this proccess?
(2009-11-30, 12:01 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Well other than the two forums there is another site written in ASP.NET 2.0, which I cannot abandon that site. Would IIS really slowdown this proccess?
No MyBB should run as good on a Windows server as on a Linux. All I can think of is your hosting putting you on crowded servers.

Do you got shared hosting? If so thats the problem.
try to re-install new (fresh) MyBB with new database. Maybe into another directory.
after that, change the config file to old_database.

Try it..

Please do what Ryan suggest, disable Gzip compression.
In the past, I am running 500.000 posts forum on crowded shared-hosting, and running well.
Finally, move to another good hosting Big Grin
Well, I know its shared hosting, but i am making them move me to a new server asap. A clean install default on test.computerlimbo.com is really fast, so I'm wondering if its something with my install?

try the default install compared to the regular site.
http://test.computerlimbo.com
http://computerlimbo.com
I too face same problem 7 month back when suddenly one day i got warned from my present Hosting which i am using at the momemnt that my board is using higher usage of CPU and Services. I was noob at that time so i was worried bcoz they are professional writer of tickets they wrote " Reply us within 2 hours or we will suspend your site ". So i talk with my friend and Moved my site to his server i was not aware that he cheated me he offered me Unlimited thingy in $40 / month , as i said i was Noob at that time so i feel ok i will bear the expenses. within 2 days he was saying my Board is using this much that much thoo thaa bah bah , mybb is free so there coding is not good and forcing me to convert mybb to vBulletin .. i started studying threads in mybboard.net search all the time what make this all. Then i decided to remove all plugins at once. let me add this " i was using 1.2.X " at that time.

One day when my site was in Peak time of earning my friend put Banner " This site is suspend due to access use of CPU " , i was so angry that i immediately take the database back and then installed on my PC on easyPHP and then find all the things and i found that some plugins at that time was making problem and same time " Subscription things also made problem ".

I moved my site back to Old hosting which is still same and best i can say bcoz i already passed my 1.8 Years with them only " Single warning " i got due to some plugin and i dont know what was that. But i can say few plugins are not properly coded at that time.

i can say simple in words myBB is the best smallest board to run big site. I am getting around 90000 Unique hits a month and Average 8000+ Regular members and Continuesly 100+ members are always on board. and 7000+ websites are on same server and i found there Server Load is hardly 1 or 2 while my board is using 14.5 MB Memory Usage ( I dont know it is only mine or all sites )

So dont feel that myBB is causing problem , it can be Plugin or it can be server end.
Pages: 1 2 3 4