MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Change Forum Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there -- I found this report for a prior version describing the same problem: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-35705.html

The report says the code was fixed, but I'm having the same issue in 1.4.9.

Is there any updated information regarding this problem or a fix I can apply myself?

The original report was over a year ago. I can't imagine the bug is still in the current version's code?

Thanks for your help.
You mean number 1?? The ACP setting has no effect at all on your personal setting.
(2009-11-30, 10:42 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You mean number 1?? The ACP setting has no effect at all on your personal setting.

The point is I can't change the forum's time at all. I am the admin. Please read the whole thread, in particular posts #6 and #7.
It works fine for me on 1.4.9. The ACP changes the time for guests but not for current users, which is how it's meant to work. Make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666.
(2009-11-30, 10:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It works fine for me on 1.4.9. The ACP changes the time for guests but not for current users, which is how it's meant to work. Make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666.

I see what you mean. But that is a very strange behavior. That means I am forced to stare at the wrong time on the forum FOREVER simply because I registered before I made the change to the default time here -- /admin/index.php?module=config/settings&action=change&gid=4 That's ridiculous! That means everyone who is not in GMT and who creates their account before the admin makes the change will have to live with the wrong time Sad
No, you can change it in your UserCP Options, you're not bound to the wrong timezone for eternity Smile The ACP simply sets the default for new users and is what guests use, users can change it to whatever they want.
(2009-11-30, 10:58 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, you can change it in your UserCP Options, you're not bound to the wrong timezone for eternity Smile The ACP simply sets the default for new users and is what guests use, users can change it to whatever they want.

Ah! [sigh of relief] Thanks for your help.