MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A flash based Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey there,

will there be one day, a flash based MyBulletinBoard ?

Many thanks
It's a good idea.
I'd have to disagree. The only reason I can see for a Flash forum is that it would look better. But for functionality I don't think it would be a good idea. *shrug*
Using flash for a forum makes no sense. Flash is for animations, animations in a forum don't add any value and will only slow things down. It makes much more sense to make use of ajax and/or dhtml for some cool tricks.
I meant as a plugin or for the main page/menu. Flash for the entire forum would be, indeed, quite bad.
i know it wont be the ease of a board like we have!!

but for some who'd like to have an interactive board, like menu's that move up!! post bits,that comes from the edge of the screen., things like that i mean.

i know it's a whole project, and for many it's not usefull. but it's not impossible Smile

see ya
Using Flash would completely kill your SEO. And how would you link to individual threads?
hahaha... a flash-based forum? I've never seen such a thing, and even if someone made one, it would totally suck. =/
MenthiX Wrote:It makes much more sense to make use of ajax and/or dhtml for some cool tricks.
Yeah, that makes more sense, but I hope the MyBB developers don't use too much JavaScript. I don't like AJAX (I still think it's just a silly fad Toungue), and I think a forum should be usable with JS disabled. Little tricks like the collapsable forums are fine, but only because they're non-essential features.
there is flash based forums but there is no point, AJAX is the future! and you better believe it.