MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making my forum safe for work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have spent quite a lot of time looking for this, and I guess it must exist, but I just cant find it....

So here is my request

I have a forum which has a LOT of images - but these images are linked to photobucket and so are encapsulated with the IMG tag. We have the images pretty big - max size is 800 pixels wide. This means that my heavily addicted users cant sneak a quick look at the site while at work as it will be pretty obvious to anyone passing that this is not a work site.

Is there a way for me to allow my users - on a per user basis or on a theme basis (themes have individual templates) to turn OFF the image tag? Then they could just read the posts. It would probably be best per theme so I can call that the safe for work theme.

I am new to coding so I think this mod would be beyond me - if anyone wants to help by making it, that would be great. Im not bad at photoshop so I guess I could "pay" in custom buttons..... Shy

Thanks

Lee
I'm not 100% sure since I'm a newb with CSS, but I'm pretty sure you can do the following:
1) Create a new theme (or copy the existing theme and just adding "SFW" or whatever to it).
2) Add the following to the global CSS Stylesheet for the new theme.
.content img {
max-height: 0px;
max-width: 0px;
}

EDIT: Nevermind, that probably won't work the way I'm thinking. Sad
(bump) anyone else got an idea how I can do this?