MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Hide Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a tricky thread hide question, I asked this question couple of time before in Mybb forum but never got any solution because may be I can't tell properly what I really want so here the question once again with proper screenshots.

Part1
View from outside-

Here is the screenshot of a forum with hidden threads(its in VB)

[Image: 2chatn4.png]

The screenshot of a forum with hidden threads(its in Mybb)

[Image: xp78di.png]

Q. What I want?
A.Now what I want is, when I select the permission option of a forum "cannot view threads" I want to look in like first screenshot I provided. Those who don't have permission to view threads will see "private" written in the last post section and they can also view the what number of threads are inside the forum.

part2
View when you enter the forum-

forum with Hidden thread inside view(VB)-

[Image: 28tuazn.png]

Hidden thread forum inside view(Mybb)-

[Image: sywe43.png]

Now here I am completely satisfied with the view when we enter the forum with hidden thread and I don't want to change anything in it.

Q. Why I want this?
A. I want this because when guests view the hidden thread forums form outside the thought that the forums have no post or no threads. And they lost all interest in those forums. If this feature is available they at least can see how many threads are inside the forum.

Any solutions now??
Anybody?? No reply!!
Just to the user group you want set it to can't view read etc etc etc. no checks on that side. Many forums already do this with MyBB Wink
(2009-12-02, 02:36 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Just to the user group you want set it to can't view read etc etc etc. no checks on that side. Many forums already do this with MyBB Wink

Can't understand, this is not the solution. Please anybody help me.
set group permissions according to level?
I think I can't express what I really need...I need this...
Now what I want is, Those who don't have permission to view threads, will see "private" written in the last post section and they can also view the what number of threads are inside the forum. But when they enter the forum they cannot see the threads, thats what I want.

I want them to see how many threads are inside the forum but not the threads.
You'll need a plugin, moved to requests.