MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Editing Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, what I love about mybb is the way we can edit the themes to make it match our own website. problem is, scrolling throughout the whole page to edit a theme is long, and most of the time I don't even know what part of the page im editing. I think the best thing would be to have some kind of WYSIWYG editor.. or if that's too hard to make, then a little picture following each of the page's section, e.g. : table header. so we can understand what we are editing.
I too am in the same dilema with skinning dynamic stuffs like CMS, MyBB etc.. I dont think it's possible to have a WYSIWYG editor to edit the files directly coz they are dynamically structured.. there is no STRUCTURE in the raw files...

Soon as i decide to jump on the MyBB band wagon i will contribute a little tool to the community for making this task A LITTLE EASIER. A sort of simple visual guide to it's css structure so you know which part you're editing in your AdminCP.

For now what i do is open 2 browser windows.. 1 is the AdminCP and the other is the forum .. whenever i edit the theme/css i save it and go to my other window and hit refresh.. then go back to adminCP window and hit BACK .. this takes you right back to where you were editing it (no more scrolling).. try it, it made my life a bit easier. Smile