MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Logo filename
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi-
Where do you change the filename for the logo. I need to use logo.jpg instead of logo.gif.

Thankyou.
ACP > Templates & Style > **choose theme** > Board Logo.
yes I did see that but it seems to indicate the board logo's location

Board Logo
Location of the board logo used in this theme (this is the logo that appears at the top of each page).

not the filename. When I put in the filename it has no effect anyway.
That is where you change it from logo.gif to something else, which is what you said you wanted in your first post.
Matt, I guess I just don't get it.

The title says board logo location but you seem to be saying that I should append the filename so I did that and nothing changed-no logo displayed, nothing. The image file is in the theme folder.

Could there be something wrong with the theme? It's GreenNight

Image Directory
The root directory for the location of the images used in this theme. Note that this only specifies the directory for the images used in templates, not the stylesheets.
/images/GreenNight/

Board Logo
Location of the board logo used in this theme (this is the logo that appears at the top of each page).
/images/GreenNight/logo.jpg

Huh
Yes, that's where you put the relative URL to the image you want to use. There shouldn't be a leading or trailing slash on either of those two settings. Have you tried clearing your cache after you update it and trying again??
It is working now!!
Thanks so much for your support. Night and day between phpBB and MyBB!!
(2009-12-03, 09:35 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's where you put the relative URL to the image you want to use. There shouldn't be a leading or trailing slash on either of those two settings. Have you tried clearing your cache after you update it and trying again??

Hi Matt,

I already know to use this to specify my filename that I want displayed on the forum - so far so good.

My problem is I want my logo to change size with different screen resolutions; as such I want to add some code like fixing the width to n%, position to absolute, etc. For this purpose, I need to know which file contains code for the header logo so I may add further code there. I tried searching but could not find any info; is it possible to add this new information in the global stylesheet? If so kindly advise how and where.

Thanks,
Ijlal
My post here should answer all your questions: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-638...#pid457651