MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM notification error after upgrading?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded my board to the latest version, and now whenever a user gets a new PM, the PM notification bar reads as follows:

You have one unread private message from Kurisu">950 titled {4}"

Kurisu = username of whoever sent the PM.

Did I forget to do something somewhere? The "{4}" is a hyperlink and it leads to a page that says "Invalid PM"

Thanks.
I take it you didn't upgrade from 1.4.9, this happens when you upgrade from an earlier version but didn't upload all the change files, particularly global.lang.php in this case.

If you weren't upgrading from 1.4.9 you'd have to use the full download, not the changed files package, and that's what you'll need to do to fix this, you have an outdated language file, so you'll need to download the full 1.4.10 package and upload it over your current files. Basically global.php was changed to put different stuff into a new version of the language string for the PM bar, and if the language file isn't updated, the new global.php can't put the new information in properly.
No, I was upgrading from 1.4.9 and have upgraded many times in the past without any problems, so I don't know why this happened. I should still go ahead and replace all files? Or just global.php?
That makes no sense, this change wasn't made in the 1.4.9 > 1.4.10 upgrade, I think it was done for the 1.4.8. It's the language file you need to replace, global.lang.php, but I'd upload everything again.
Hmm, perhaps there's a problem with FireFTP uploading a large number of folders/directories simultaneously and thus the file wasn't properly replaced last time? Or perhaps I edited the global.lang.php file sometime between 1.4.8 and 1.4.10? I wonder.

Anyway, fixed it. Thank you.
I am having the same problem and I upgraded from 1.4.9 too.

Quote:You have one unread private message from moonshine">21092 titled {4}
Same solution as above... the only logical explanation I can think of is that your files didn't all update properly going to 1.4.8, this change was done for 1.4.8.
Thanks that did the trick. Smile