MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving from vB to MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a look through the forum but didn't find anything Sad

Could someone point me in the right direction as to how i swap my forum over from vB to MyBB?
I don't want to lose any posts etc if possible.
Please give all replies in plain English as i'm not that clever with forum software Rolleyes

Thanks Smile
Convert vB->phpBB as per the guidelines at phpbb.com.

Then convert phpBB->myBB!

Easy!

Note that I am not 100% sure that the converter will work for your vB version.
That is as clear as mud Coolv :lol:

I'll go over to phpbb.com and check it out though Wink
After reading in to this i can see that it is going to be a lot harder than i originally thought Sad

Is there someone here who could create a converter or help me to convert to MyBB?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wait! What VB version do you have?
As you have to pay for vB, unless someone has a spare lisence/copy going around, I don't think that anyone will create a convertor. And don't suggest someone got a pirated version =/
Coolv Wrote:Wait! What VB version do you have?

I am using vB 3.5.1

decswxaqz Wrote:As you have to pay for vB, unless someone has a spare lisence/copy going around, I don't think that anyone will create a convertor. And don't suggest someone got a pirated version =/

A friend donated vB to me but i am a little suspicious as to where it came from. Rather than take any risks, i want to either transfer to MyBB or buy a full vB licence (this one is only a lease).
Obviously i would like to go the free route Wink