MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm looking forward to these features:
-Image galleries
-Status updates
-Profile comments
(I'm not sure if any plugins exist. If there is, please point them out.)

Paid forums like vB and IPB already have these features. It would be awesome if myBB would be the first free forum to implement these features. Big Grin
I don't think we're going to be doing this. MyBB is a forum system, not a social networking system.
(2009-12-03, 09:57 PM)chaosweapon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking forward to these features:
-Image galleries
-Status updates
-Profile comments
(I'm not sure if any plugins exist. If there is, please point them out.)

Paid forums like vB and IPB already have these features. It would be awesome if myBB would be the first free forum to implement these features. Big Grin

Uhmm SMF has all these as a plugin so mybb would not be the first. If you mean the first to implement it I do not see it happening as it has been said,mybb is forum software.
MyNetwork will have these I think.
Not sure about image gallery but the rest for sure.
MyNetwork Shy
I think MyBB Source has an image gallery already, but I wouldn't mind making my own.

MyNetwork will add more to MyBB. Not long to go now...
(2009-12-03, 10:02 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we're going to be doing this. MyBB is a forum system, not a social networking system.
Thank god, the main reason I gave away my vBulletin licenses is because it's not a forum anymore. The one site I'm forced to use vBulletin has as much of the new stuff disabled as possible.
Stuff like this removes the point of the forums themselves, I've seen some forums when there's more discussion in profile comments than the actual forum, so why bother with having a forum at all??
It really depends on the niche... Profile comments are suitable for one side and for some it's a nuisance. Truth of the matter is that with each 'feature' people could see possibilities. If you want to run a friendly forum hey, maybe profile albums might be handy or profile comments. If you have a 'serious' forum then there might not be any need of that... My $0.02....
Pages: 1 2 3