MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

How can I get rid of my subdomain URL and have it on my own URL? Basically remove this part of my website URL .mybboard.net

I'm not hosted here yet, but if I am able to do this I will register very soon. This looks like an amazing software!
We don't offer hosting... but if a hosting site only offers you a subdomain you can't get rid of it, you'll need to find one that allows you to map your own purchased domain to your account, which the vast majority do.
(2009-12-04, 12:43 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]We don't offer hosting... but if a hosting site only offers you a subdomain you can't get rid of it, you'll need to find one that allows you to map your own purchased domain to your account, which the vast majority do.

I don't think you understand, but then again maybe you do. Smile

So, say I have http://community.mybboard.net I'm not able to get ride of the mybboard.net part? You can't pay to get rid of it or anything and then if you own a domain have it go there?
No it doesn't work like that, it isn't something that can be removed, the mybboard.net is part of the domain. Think of images.google.com, you can't remove the google.com bit. You can just map a domain to your files and access it with that, so if you bought example.com you could have forums.example.com or example.com/forums/...