MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do I have a virus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've lost administration privileges to my AVG anti-virus.
Every time I try to close it, or modify anything about it, I get the message "Error, access is denied. You don't have permission from trusted installer".
Now this only happened 4 days ago, before then, I could do whatever the hell I wanted to it.

I've scanned my computer with AVG, and Malwarebytes, just to be safe, and both programs have found no harmful files, or viruses.

The account on my computer is an admin account. Is it possible that I viruses landed itself on my computer and took control over my anti-virus programs?
It sounds like you might. Some viruses do try and disable AV programs so you can't remove them. You more than likely have a trojan though and the person is just making sure they'll still have access when they need it Toungue.

I would personally ditch AVG it's a crap AV. If your going to get a free one try Panda's new one Cloud Antivirus or Avast (both do better than AVG but Panda's is doing better than most paid even now).

My advice is just reformat but that's because I don't mind starting fresh Big Grin every 6 months or so anyway.
Run an Anti-Malware scan with Malwarebytes if you can: http://malwarebytes.org/
So I downloaded the Panda virus program, and created an account. But when I enter my account info before I can start the program, it says it's incorrect. But when I enter the info on the website, it lets me login to my account.

I've always tried changing the password, same thing happens.
Perhaps, copy and paste so the exact string is duplicated into the required fields? Toungue
And here's something even weirder. I exited the Panda Amti-Virus, by going to taskmanager, and clicking "End Process Tree". Well a few minutes later, the login sceen for the program randomly appeared, and when I entered my information, it accepted it.