MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Able To Make The Same Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How come users can make the same username as me? or other users that's in the forum
It's not the same, but different use of characters that look similar or don't appear. (I am guessing this is what is happening)

A good option is to go Configuration > Banning > Disallowed usernames that are similar or contain your or your staffs usernames.
Actually capitalization doesn't matter. You can't create a user with the same username, you can however include hidden characters to make it look like the same username. Care to provide a link to help us help you?
Sorry, just tested it, your correct KuJoe, capitalization doesn't matter. Another thing to consider is that some characters look alike and can be confusing, for example TIM and TlM.

Edit: Corrected my first post.
Someone had the same username as me.

ME > SkyLine
Member > SkyLine
Can you provide a link to your forum so we can take a look, is the members account still there or have you deleted it?
(2009-12-05, 07:45 AM)SkyLineRxx Wrote: [ -> ]Someone had the same username as me.

ME > SkyLine
Member > SkyLine

This doesn't tell us anything, please provide a link. Wink
It's not possible to register two accounts with the same name, the javascript and PHP don't allow it. There was a bug that allowed you to use an invisible character but that was fixed, assuming you're on 1.4.10 and patched your board properly whenever that was fixed, it won't be affecting you. Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

SELECT * FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `username` = 'SkyLine';

How many results are there??
Maybe that user put a space after the name. Not a normal space because that's not possible but that kind of space you can find in run > charmap
They can also change their name to N*gger (The N word) which I disallow in the AdminCP
Pages: 1 2