MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unable to delete install folder after 1.4.10 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I upgraded my forums from 1.4.9 to 1.4.10 and when trying to delete the /install folder, it delete then reappears..any idea why?

the folder was chmod to 777 after it kept doing it and still wouldn't delete..finally, we just renamed the folder so we're able to view the forums, but we still want to delete the folder.

I'll attach some screen shots of the contents of the install folder.
Why you want to delete the folder?? Just put a text file name "lock" inside the install folder. Then your forum will work perfectly..and if you installed perfectly the file name "lock" will automatically be generated inside the install folder...you don't need to rename the install folder.
maybe there was a file called htaccess in your install folder. And because that file, i was unable to delete the file.. Big Grin
So the best thing you can do is ask your hosting to repair.
(2009-12-06, 05:24 AM)tech2game Wrote: [ -> ]Why you want to delete the folder?? Just put a text file name "lock" inside the install folder. Then your forum will work perfectly..and if you installed perfectly the file name "lock" will automatically be generated inside the install folder...you don't need to rename the install folder.

I always delete the install folder.

(2009-12-06, 05:25 AM)gamemaster Wrote: [ -> ]maybe there was a file called htaccess in your install folder. And because that file, i was unable to delete the file.. Big Grin
So the best thing you can do is ask your hosting to repair.

there's no .htaccess file inside there..I attached the contents of the folder.
This is nothing we can do anything about, you'll need to ask your host, those files are nothing to do with MyBB.