MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: urgent help me ..for updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have uplaod all files..

when i m going to upgrading my forum its showing this error..

MyBB Installation Wizard

Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
On your file manager, check if youve locked it

and make sure you've chmod the files properly!
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
Remove the "lock" in the Install folder.
plz tell me any one how i can remove it..plz
(2009-12-06, 03:13 PM)jameel225 Wrote: [ -> ]plz tell me any one how i can remove it..plz

Log in to your ftp client and navigate to the /install/ directory and delete the lock file. Or alternatively you can do it from the File Manager section at the Cp of your host, providing it has one.
OK DEAR THANKS I HAVE DONE IT.
Glad to hear it. Enjoy your mybbb forum Smile
Once the update is completed, make sure there is another Lock file placed inside the install directory. If not, either create a blank file named "Lock", or delete the install directory. (Security measure).
(2009-12-06, 03:32 PM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]Once the update is completed, make sure there is another Lock file placed inside the install directory. If not, either create a blank file named "Lock", or delete the install directory. (Security measure).

I think Mybb does that automatically with the lockfile but I agree it is best to delete the install folder afterwards.

Also, make sure to make a thorough backup of your db prior to the upgrade.
I think deleting is safer than place a lock file there!