MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mysterious Bans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Recently two team memebvrs on my forum, an administrator and a global moderator, complained that a message was appearing at the top of the forum saying:

"Your forum account is currently banned. Ban Reason: Unknown
Ban will be lifted: Unknown
"

Both users could still actually use the forum -- possibly because they were moderators/administrators -- but they still got the message and they are not banned, according to my list of banned accounts. One of them, the moderator, had previously been banned five times by what seems to be the system but the problem persisted after I removed the bans. I don't have any plugins which should be toying with this activated, so I doubt it's that. I have never gotten the message, but apparently they are getting it.

This forum was converted recently and is using a completely up to date installation.

Here is the conversation involving this is my staff forum:

Moderator: "It says I'm banned again..."
Me: I lifted the bans... interesting...
Admin: "It said my forum account is banned too. Ban reason: Unknown; Ban will be lifted: Unknown"

Me: "When?"

Admin: "It just saids so on the top of the forum. In red: Your forum account is currently banned. Ban Reason: Unknown
Ban will be lifted: Unknown"

Any idea what's going on? None of them have ever actually experienced the effects of being banned, they have just received the notice saying they are banned, and again, none of the users are banned by account, ip, email, or anything.

Here is the URL:

http://rs.novahost.org/wr/index.php
Check the group settings to see if "is banned group" is marked as yes.
Administrators is set as no and global moderators is set as yes. This could have been a result of trying to fix it myself though. I think they were both originally set to yes. Which setting do you recommend they be at?
They have to be NO. The "is banned group" set to yes is why they are getting the error.

That setting has nothing to do with permission to ban members.
I set it as you suggested and am waiting to see if they are still encountering it.

EDIT: They said it's fixed.