MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML tables on the forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! I FINALLY got my forums running, and all of my users from my old forums have started coming onto my new MyBB forum.

HOWEVER, I run a sports videogames dynasty tracking forums, and almost ALL OF US use HTML tables to show our work and progress.

When we copied our old html tables, which worked perfectly fine on our old forums (hosted by hqforums.com), and preview or actually post them, they just come up as a code, and not as they should.

What can I do, as the founder of the forums, to fix this? I couldn't find a single setting in the admin-CP to enable HTML in posts!

As a side note, I've enabled HTML in PM's and they work fine there.

I've searched the forums as best as I could and couldn't find a single thing on my issue!

Thanks so much!
I wouldn't really advise allowing HTML. A single javascript could turn a thread into a redirection to a site filled with shocking images, keyloggers, or any sort of malware. I'm sure you could fine some way to make tables via BBcode, but I couldn't find a way by searching for it quickly.
HTML is enabled on a per-forum basis.
You can create new page for example page.php, create a template for it and include the HTML tables...
thanks for the speedy replies, guys.

I google searched instead of forum searched and found out how to enable HTML via a phpmyadmin query.

Thanks so much Big Grin

Also, while I'm here, if I want to upload a custom smiley to my already-hosted forum, how would I go about doing that?

I've uploaded the two smilie .gif files onto my hosting site's file manager into the correct directories (images/smilies) but whenever I try and add on the smiley, I just get a blank image.

What can I do?

Here is the supposed url of the smiley:

http://operationhockey.byethost7.com/for...adbang.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Download filezilla, enter your site name, cpanel username, and pass word. Go into the WWW folder. The to the images folder. Then the smilies folder. Just drop it in i believe.
Thanks Mark B.

What did you mean by the WWW folder?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I don't see a WWW folder!

Also, nice sig Big Grin
Mark.M Toungue

Once you connect to your host there should be a list of files. There are two you can use that should have your files. Public_html and WWW. (I use WWW because its easier Toungue) What is your host also?

And i know its awesome :p
my host is byethost.com, I believe.

And I actually uploaded all of my forum's files via their own file manager, and NOT through an FTP client.

I don't really know if that relates to anything we're talking about, but what you just replied, unfortunately, ALSO confused me (of course, haha) so I'm just blindly grabbing at answers, hehe.

And sorry, meant Mark. M Toungue
Could i suggest a change off host if Bytehost doesn't allow FTP? The one is my sig works very well. It is also free. If not are you sure you are uploading the files to /images/smilies ?
Pages: 1 2