MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Features that 'must' be included in the final version ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
You can do what I do for a warning system.

Make two usergroups (Warned x1 and Warned x2) with different pips for each. Then when they do something bad on Warned x2, just switch them into Banned...
the offline board feature also need to be improved rite now

the only way to make a board online after it has been taken offline is to go to \\root\\admin\\index.php and login that way and make the board online.

I think that ther e should be an option for certain user groups to login into an offline board and thus it would be easier for the management to turn the board online again.

i hope u guys understand wut i meant, if u dont , ill be glad to clarify
I think you mean the Board Closed feature in the Admin CP. If you turn this on, administrators will still be able to log in into the Admin CP and can that way turn it back online; I don't really see what you mean, so if this isn't what you meant, please clarify Smile
wut i meant is that u cant login using the regular way as in /root/index.php

if u click on the link it just shows the 'forum is offline' message, instead certain usergroups (like admins) should be able to login using the regular login method instead of the messy way of going www.yourdomain.com/boardfolder/admin/index.php

to turn the board back on

i meant the fact that u cant login the regular way, grr i think im gona have to include screenshots of what i mean

EDIT: posted screen shots take a look [attachment=194][attachment=195]
ipab Wrote:wut i meant is that u cant login using the regular way as in /root/index.php

if u click on the link it just shows the 'forum is offline' message, instead certain usergroups (like admins) should be able to login using the regular login method instead of the messy way of going www.yourdomain.com/boardfolder/admin/index.php
If you aren't logged in it isn't possible to detect your user group so this wouldn't be possible.
ipab Wrote:im so full of ideas Big Grin,
  • so here's 2 more:
  • there should be an option to moderate post/thread made by certain users and allow say certain ppl to moderate it (not usergroups).
  • there should be some sort of mass mailing tool to tell ppl of important events etc

Both already available

Admin CP >> Moderation Queue >> Threads and Posts

and

Admin CP >> Users >> Mass Email
k776 i missed the mass email * ipab slaps himself around a bit with a large trout

but what i meant about the moderation is not the moderation of certain usergroups or forums but for certain users (ie mods must allow every post by the user)

EDIT i edited my post and added screenshots to explain about the affline board suggestion, plz take a look at my previous post
ipab, as Matt Light said:
Matt Light Wrote:If you aren't logged in it isn't possible to detect your user group so this wouldn't be possible.
It doesn't let anyone log in. It wont let you log in either. Why?? Because it doesn't know your the admin. The only way to let it know you are the admin is to log in, and as I said before, it wont let anyone.

Understand??
Also is a "Moderator CP" planned? or is it included already? Big Grin
k, if this helps k776
i was talkign about he offline board feature like the one in IPB where u can actually login in the regular

and no k76 i think ur getting confused as to what i mean

ps im not a n00b at forums so plz dont tell me that the forums cant tell if im an admin without me logging in Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5