MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Implementing trackbacks and bookmarks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This isn't exactly a 'support' question, per se, but there didn't seem to be a more appropriate place to put this than here that I could find.

I'm relatively new to MyBB (I'm primarily a vBulletin [just shy of a decade] and IPB user Blush ), so forgive me if this is more of a "Doh!" question than it seems! With vBulletin in particular, there's a feature that allows you to add trackbacks and/or bookmarks to certain social networking and user-content-driven websites such as digg, del.icio.us, facebook and Twitter (IPB only has the Twitter option, that I've found, but that's besides the point). These have been very helpful to me over the years in generating a bit of extra traffic.

My question is whether or not this feature, or a feature like this, exists within MyBB, either by default of as an extension of some kind?

Thanks for your time!

(Also, if a Staff member happens to read this -- is there a reason my username has skewed into what it is now? I registered this account when I first became interested in the MyBB project, but haven't posted to this point [apologies Smile], but I'm fairly positive I registered the account as either "PGen" or "PGen98," something fairly shorter than what you see above Big Grin. Is there a way to fix that?)
About your username, it probably got messed up during an upgrade, if you PM Dennis Tsang, Alan Crisp or Tochjo (when you see either one of them online), they'll sort your name out for you Smile And this has to be one of the oldest accounts to have only now made it's first post!! Toungue

Anyways, to answer your actual question, see if this meets your needs: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/social-sharing-button That's the only plugin I can immediately think of that does this.
Hi Matt,

That's precisely what I'm looking for! I thought it had to exist somewhere out there Smile

Regarding the username -- I know, I should have at least posted a "hello" when I first registered Big Grin. Alas, I took more of an observer role at the time, and haven't had a genuine need to post anything (nor even to really log in) until this. I'll get in touch with one of the Admins you listed above and see if they'll help to shorten the name a bit Big Grin

Thanks!