MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have my site set to send an email verification upon new user registration. After filling out a test registration, the result page says "Error", yet the text on the page says that the user has successfully registered and that an email has been sent for verification. No email is ever sent (I've checked my SPAM folders), but when I click the home page after registering, I find myself logged in as the new user. Can someone help please?
Link to your site?
http://houstonconnection.net

I have set the registration to instant until I resolve the problem. Do you need me to set it back to email verify?
My member_register template is probably screwed up because I had edited it (long story). I don't know if this could cause the problem I'm having, but regardless, I need to get that template restored. Is there a way to do that or can someone paste what the template should look like (I'm using 1.4.1)?
You really need to upgrade to 1.4.10
That's what I'm using. I just downloaded and installed a couple days ago.
You just said you were using 1.4.1...

How is the forum hosted, is it on a Windows LAN or something?? That's the only way that people have been having the issue where they login as someone else.