MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Make ChatBox Only For Admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I want to make my chatbox only for Premium,Mods, and Admin, how do I do that?
What chatbox are you using? MyBB does not come with a chatbox by default so you must be using a plugin.

In the plugin documentation there should be instructions to do what you're asking. Perhaps the settings in the ACP can help you.
I'm not familiar with that coding but most chatboxes and plugins add an extra setting to the usergroups. Under Users & Groups in the ACP, open up the member usergroup (and guest if wanted) and somewhere on that page under one of the tabs there may be a setting to permit them to use the chatbox.

There may also be a settings page in the ACP but I'm not sure.
Nope nothing shows D:
Contact the author of the chatbox. I can't help you.
You will have to install the shoutbox three times under all different names so you got to tweak the plugin a bit and isntall it under new files/databases. Than in the template/new page.php file add the whole PHP permission thing to allow certain groups to access it. It believe there is a tut on it, search the forums.
<? php

$usergroup = $mybb->user['usergroup'];

if ($usergroup == 1)
{
[shoutbox code]
}
else
{
echo 'You are not permitted to view the shoutbox.';
}

Or something similar.