MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal separate from the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry I didn't think of a better title.

What I want to do is, because I had wordpress on PenHacks.net then my forums on forums.penhacks.net but then I got rid of the wordpress and now its just a splash page.

So I was wondering if I can put the portal on PenHacks.net and have the forum on forums.penhacks.net and still have it post automatically and stuff.

Thanks for any help.
I don''t think that that would be possible. The mybb portal should be in the same folder with the rest of the forum folders.
Okie...

I might move the forums to penhacks.net have the portal as index.php and the forums as forums.php
You can have a copy of portal.php in a different directory, you just need to edit the file, near the top, there's a variable for a path to the forums. I don't think logins work properly when it's in a different folder but you'll need to double check that.
*YAY* It worked!

Thanks so much dude.

I'll check the logins, but I am not using logins on the portal page anyways so it doesn't matter.

You rock.

EDIT: It is a little bit slow to load, I'm guessing thats because the forums are in a different dir so it takes a little bit more time to pull the posts. Is their a way to fix it, or is it just like I said?