MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to set"u need to be registered to view the thread"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how to set"u need to be registered to view the thread" Huh
Open the Forum Permissions for the specified forum and uncheck View. However I think this method doesn't all the user to view the whole forum specified.
(2009-12-08, 02:02 AM)AussieJay Wrote: [ -> ]Open the Forum Permissions for the specified forum and uncheck View. However I think this method doesn't all the user to view the whole forum specified.
Huh wheres the forum permission...
nvm found it
(2009-12-08, 02:02 AM)AussieJay Wrote: [ -> ]Open the Forum Permissions for the specified forum and uncheck View. However I think this method doesn't all the user to view the whole forum specified.

thx!Wink
ahh,,, but when i log in as guest, the forum is gone, i wannt to set it like this: when the guest press the forum, it pops up a thing saying : u need to be registerd to view threads
That's what I was thinking would happen. There should be a plugin to make it work like you want.

Try here. I'm sure there's one out there. You have to search.
I use one that allows the forum and posts to be seen but they cannot enter the posts to download. You can check it out as a guest here if you want to see what I mean.
hjttp://www.webxforum.com
You can get this information on the forum here:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-588...ons+forums
Very simple to configure and very effective by Babjusi
I just created this which might be of use to you. Keep in mind sir that downloads are for Mybb Central subscribers.

http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-3875-p...l#pid26246

What the plugin will do is set a maximum guest view for threads and then give them an error message prompting them to register or login.

So you can set in admincp the setting to 5 threads. A person will visit your forum and after the 5th thread view they are given this message. Of course you can set it lower or higher depending on your requirements. This is probably a better teaser than simply disallowing guests to view any threads. It should encourage membership.