MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need paid help with two purchased forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Mybb Community!

I recently purchased two forums and I need help with both of them (two different problems)

1) This first forum is working correctly, however the previous owner included the custom made them for free but it was back up incorrectly, I don't have the XML but the actual mysql entries that held all the css and theme information. (these are backed up as .sql.qz) If someone has the knowledge to turn these sql.qz entries into the XML file that I could import into the forum it would be great!

2) second forum that was purchased has a problem with the links, some kind of SEO plug in was used before that was later removed so I'm left with URL's that are like such;
www.yourdomain.com/forum_2.html (if I visit the forum, I get a 404 error)
If someone could help me fix the above it would also be great, even I had to revert to the original url structure that loose search engine links I just need the forum to be working! (this is solved thank you)

It would be great If I could get one person to help me with both things but I understand that some people just know one thing about web coding and such.

If you feel that you can help me please contact me via PM or this thread so we can decide on a price and get the work started ASAP

Thanks for your time!

Best Regards,
Francisco

P.S: I'm sorry If I am not supposed to offer monetary compensation for the support on this site if this is so please contact me and let me know if there is a better place where I should post!
Hi,

Please do not offer anyone money for helping you. It is not necessary to pay for support here. Smile

For your second problem, it sounds like you need to do this:
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Server and Optimization Options --> Enable search engine friendly URLs? --> Disabled
Alternatively, get your host to enable Mod Rewrite or move to a host that can handle it, if you wish to keep the URLs the same as they used to be.
(2009-12-08, 03:10 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Please do not offer anyone money for helping you. It is not necessary to pay for support here. Smile

For your second problem, it sounds like you need to do this:
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Server and Optimization Options --> Enable search engine friendly URLs? --> Disabled
Alternatively, get your host to enable Mod Rewrite or move to a host that can handle it, if you wish to keep the URLs the same as they used to be.

Ryan;

Thanks for your help the solution worked! (by the way, I'm on a dedicated server and I do have mod rewrite)

I understand that I don't need for pay for the help that is provided on this forum, however i would really like to get that custom made theme working and It would be wonderful if someone here could do it and I am willing to pay for the time of the person who is kind enough to help me

Best Regards,
Francisco
If you want to make use of the old URLs, ensure that you have the .htaccess file named ".htaccess" in your root MyBB directory, then change that setting back to either enabled or auto detect.

Sorry for misunderstanding you. Paying for a theme is more accepted. Carry on then. Smile
Yep thank you Ryan, I did create the .htaccess and I have it all working as it should now. I am just not familiar with Mybb and was not aware there was such a setting.

Also, I am not trying to pay for a custom made theme, I already have one designed, however I can't seem to get it working as it's in mysql format. I don't have the XML file to import the theme onto the forum. All I have are the MYSQL tables and data that holds all the CSS and the design data, I just can't get it working. I need someone who is knowledgeable enough to import the SQL data into the database and have it working that way or be able to create the XML file so I can import the theme the regular way.

Best Regards,
Francisco
If you need some additional support commercially you can contact me. I run Mybb Central which offers paid plugins, custom themes, and I do client work for MyBB such as fixing problems and doing conversions. I can fix any problem with MyBB even your XML theme issue.
Can you attach here the file so we can have a look? A url to your forum would help also.
Thank you for both your replies. I have contacted both of you via PM.

I will keep this thread updated with the current status so if you feel you can still help me please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
Francisco
(2009-12-08, 02:57 PM)Francisck Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for both your replies. I have contacted both of you via PM.

I will keep this thread updated with the current status so if you feel you can still help me please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
Francisco

As I said for the theme, you could contact me directly since I don't speak to that person, if you're talking about the theme I made.
Full Metal Babe;

Thank you I have contacted you as well, I was under the impression that you no longer had the XML file.

Best Regards,
Francisco
Pages: 1 2