MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP is not usable/incomplete after install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed MyBB1.4.

It installed fine, but apparently two folders never copied over into my forum directory.

After the successful install and install removal:

I had issues with the forum showing up, and logging in to admin cp, - so I then found and copied folders /inc/languages/english , and admin/modules .

My admin CP is the attached screenshot.

I'm also having issues staying logged in, and actually logging in. I know it's cookie related but I'm pretty sure it's an easy fix once I have a workable Admin CP.

Any help would be fantastic, as I don't think it's something major.. I hope not anyway!

http://www.smokingpen.com/forum
I have been searching for similar problems and tried this:

I went into /inc/languages/english/ and changed CHMOD to 755 for the admin folder.

Here are my results.
File to CHMOD here: [Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Make sure the admin/images directory is uploaded as well....
I fixed my cookie issue after my Admin CP was text links, making it usable. Adjusted the settings to what they SHOULD have been in the config area. =3

So I just need the admin cp to look right - as it runs fine now.
(2009-12-08, 10:22 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]File to CHMOD here: [Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Make sure the admin/images directory is uploaded as well....

I don't have an admin/images directory in my zip file.

????????????????????
This looks like an issue I had with some missing files. You only need to reupload some files, but I am not sure which, so just upload the whole MyBB package again.
(2009-12-08, 10:32 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]This looks like an issue I had with some missing files. You only need to reupload some files, but I am not sure which, so just upload the whole MyBB package again.

FOUND IT!

<3

I found these too sneaky folders that never made it along too -

admin/styles/default
admin/styles/sharepoint

ha, they contain images and everything i needed that wasn't showing up.

Go me. =3

Thanks for the help =D.

Tis fixed! =D
Oops sorry its admin/styles not admin/images :p
First time I've ever seen this in the ACP.