MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some website coding & stuff help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, I need a way to download the the contents of a site without having to download each scripts page and image by hand?

On one of my websites I lost the ftp and login details, my mate did it as a joke and can't remember what he changed them too, so I need a way I can download the site.
Well this doesn't save all files, but the active files which are being used for the current page (scripts, images, files and stuff). Download Google Chrome, go to your website and right click "Save as" then check what you got from it. Probably it won't help, it just saves part of the files. So if you have various directories access them all (e.g. /blog, /forum, /gallery) and right click "Save as" again.

But the easier option is: ask your host to edit the password?
(2009-12-08, 01:05 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Well this doesn't save all files, but the active files which are being used for the current page (scripts, images, files and stuff). Download Google Chrome, go to your website and right click "Save as" then check what you got from it. Probably it won't help, it just saves part of the files. So if you have various directories access them all (e.g. /blog, /forum, /gallery) and right click "Save as" again.

But the easier option is: ask your host to edit the password?
I don't think my host would do that, he changed the email and everything.

Also: Is Chrome available for Linux?
yep google it. It's not final though, but it should work for what you want.
Thanks for the help!
Not working! I Still can't download the js, php/html, css and images.
You'll never be able to download PHP scripts. (just in case you say "I can, I've just done by clicking Save As...", check the contents and you'll see an HTML page)
As for images, javascript and html, a simple Save As will do it. (from any browser)
Password reset maybe?
This sounds like you were trying to steal somebody's website Toungue (You also asked how to copy CSS files from a site)
Worked it out, download the index page, then in there are the links to the css, js and images, download the then re-name the links to the folders you have downloaded the files into. Sorted, that is ReDDs very quick guide to stealing someones website!
(2009-12-13, 05:24 PM)ReDDs Wrote: [ -> ]Worked it out, download the index page, then in there are the links to the css, js and images, download the then re-name the links to the folders you have downloaded the files into. Sorted, that is ReDDs very quick guide to stealing someones website!
Wow you're stupid. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2