MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin for Mybb 1.4* Now Updated With Extra Options] Guests and lurkers restriction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Name: Guests and lurkers restriction!

Type: Plugin for Mybb

Version: For any versions of Mybb 1.4* series.

Funcionality: This plugin will allow you to set a limit to guests and member under a certain post count on how many threads they can view until their cookie session expires.
Hopefully this will encourage the guests to register and the inactive members to become more active. It shows their usernames as well at the error message.

You can enable/disable the plugin at the acp where you can add your own custom error message as well that will be displayed to guests and members under a certain post count when they reach the thread view limit. Now you can also exclude certain forum/s from the view limit.

Important: Nobody is authorized to upload this plugin in other sites/forums and claim it as their own. You are also not allowed to remove the copyright without my permission. By downloading the plugin you agree to the above.

Download Link:

http://www.forumsecurity.eu/showthread.php?tid=88
Question: Will this plugin block the Bots after the X Threads to view?
I don''t think so as bots ain''t in the guest group or considered as members.
LOVE it, thanks for sharing and great work really. Can someone confirm this doesn't affect bots?
Thank you for this great mod.
Another awesome work!
Thanks for your comments and feedbacks, appreciate them Smile
You rock man Smile
(2009-12-08, 07:14 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]I don''t think so as bots ain''t in the guest group or considered as members.

Ok, Thanks for share it Smile
Suggestion: Use a Custom Message and Custom Post count for Lurkers.
Very nice plugin. Thank you very much, Babjusi.
(2009-12-09, 03:40 AM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice plugin. Thank you very much, Babjusi.

You are most welcome Smile

@Rafael, I will keep it mind for when I will be updating it for mybb 1.6. Thanks for the suggestion, I like it btw.
Pages: 1 2 3