MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme and mod issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i'm new to MyBB really new so i usually dont download add ons and such, i usually have codes. So how in the world do i add a new theme!(and mods!).
shadowspace
The themes and mods should come with installation instructions. Generally files for plugins are arranged in the structure they need to be uploaded in. For themes, you need to upload the images for the theme to a new folder in ./images/, the readme will tell you what to call it, then import the XML file in the ACP.
You lost me after "Generally files for plugins are arranged in the structure they need to be uploaded in" when i say i am new to this i mean i am new, i never ever did stuff like this before.
When you view the files inside the zip they're usually arranged in the structure you need to upload them. For example if a file need to go in the ./inc/pluigns/ folder in your FTP, the file will be in the ./inc/plugins/ folder in the plugin zip. As I said though, most themes come with a readme file explaining exactly where everything needs to go.
Ok thanks.