MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest theme [WIP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the latest work of mine. Yea I know it might sort of suck to some of you. But Im not that good at the design part of the theme, Im better at the coding part.

This theme has alot of CSS3 in it, so Opera and IE users wont be able to see it right.

Tell me what you think of it, comments and criticism wanted!

Also I know the logo sucks, I just needed to replace the MyBB logo since it has a white background.
Might I suggest making a second css to fix the view for IE users and Opera users.
That looks sexy, I like it. Perhaps some icons on the menu? The header gets too empty with no icons. Also maybe you can round the rest of the theme? Thead, tfoot and so on. But overall nice job, simple yet nice.
(2009-12-09, 08:49 PM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]Might I suggest making a second css to fix the view for IE users and Opera users.

It would probably still look bad. I cant really make a CSS stylesheet for IE users that will make it look like it does now. And plus, I dont want to bother with trying to make it for IE. IE sucks, so people just need to switch.

(2009-12-09, 08:57 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]That looks sexy, I like it. Perhaps some icons on the menu? The header gets too empty with no icons. Also maybe you can round the rest of the theme? Thead, tfoot and so on. But overall nice job, simple yet nice.

Thanks, I dont know if I will add any icons to the menu, it just wouldnt look as good IMO.
This reminds me of a theme on a site I know....I think the site might be in my sig...
Doesn't look like Customybb at all. :/ Just because someone uses one of the many design styles that has been used months before Customybb was even thought of, doesn't mean they are ripping it from you.

Also Joshee if you could be nice enough to tell me how you did that with the header, it would be so helpfull.
Its just apart of the background
(2009-12-09, 02:02 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]This is the latest work of mine. Yea I know it might sort of suck to some of you. But Im not that good at the design part of the theme, Im better at the coding part.

This theme has alot of CSS3 in it, so Opera and IE users wont be able to see it right.

Tell me what you think of it, comments and criticism wanted!

Also I know the logo sucks, I just needed to replace the MyBB logo since it has a white background.

It looks good. I actually just started a theme somewhat like this about a week ago. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to work on it.
(2009-12-09, 11:42 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]This reminds me of a theme on a site I know....I think the site might be in my sig...

I will admit, I got the idea for the background and the navigation buttons from CustoMyBB, Im really sorry if it looks too much like it. I can change it if you would like.

(2009-12-09, 11:46 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Also Joshee if you could be nice enough to tell me how you did that with the header, it would be so helpfull.

You just have to make a background that looks like that. Just make the background have a big section at the top that spans far enough that the container will slightly overlap it when you use it.
Hmm. Good idea. I shall use it.
Pages: 1 2