MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gmail SMTP not working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi;
I have a active Google Apps for irsaze.com, I'm trying to manege MyBB outgoing email by this account but i have no lock with it.
MyBB: 1.4.10

i tried this:
SMTP hostname: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 587 & 465
SMTP username: [email protected]
SMTP password: *****
SMTP Encryption Mode: SSl & TLS
Mail Logging: log everything.

what else should i do?

Thanks.
smtp encrytion mode try default?
(2009-12-09, 08:15 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]smtp encrytion mode try default?

not work.
what is the easiest way for testing SMTP email Send?
Enable IMAP in Gmail ( do not forget )

Outgoing Mail (SMTP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL).'
Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)' field.
Under Incoming mail (IMAP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'. The port will change to '993'.
(2009-12-09, 07:26 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ](SMTP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL).'
Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)' field.
Under Incoming mail (IMAP), check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'. The port will change to '993'.

Thanks for reply but;
Where exactly are this setting?
Gmail ( smtp) in order for it to work you need to configure it correctly or it will not work
Incoming server must be 993, and must use SSL encryption.
Outgoing server use 587, TLS encryption.
Yes I also had problems to at 1 point setting up gmail ( smtp ) your not the only one bro. Wink
You will also have to set up your smtp in a mail client in order for it to work along side with your web mail ... like a mail server
I steel can't find it in gmail setting. (but i see this setting in Microsoft outlook.)
where exactly are this setting? can you send a picture of it?
thanks
(2009-12-09, 07:42 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]You will also have to set up your smtp in a mail client in order for it to work along side with your web mail ... like a mail server

My mail client (outlook 2007) work good with this Gmail SMTP setting. but problem in MyBB not solving.
With php mail handler in MyBB setting, my email goes to spam folder.
Sad
thats normal .... Gmail does a good job of filtering spam
also use the same settings as you have in outlook in mybb?
you can see what i done in the picture below:

[Image: 1.JPG]
[Image: 2.JPG]
[Image: 3.JPG]
[Image: 4.JPG]
[Image: 5.JPG]

what else should i do?
thanks.
check to see if there is a error message in Mybb The error message is usually in ACP mail logs?

ACP>Tools-Maintenance>Logs

user email log
system mail log
Pages: 1 2