MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need to know a firefox addon used in editing MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone know with firefox if there is a editor so that i can see what colums is what colour of css and such if you know what I mean ... the reason is cause i had used it before with MyBB but i forgot the name of the add on in firefox?

Thank if anyone can help Wink
Firebug Wink
That's also my choice. But it won't work in your ACP, as in it won't colour the edit fields in the ACP. It expands a new area at the bottom of your Firefox window.
ok so this is what is used in order to find what colum goes with what colour right in the template when browsing the site like a user?
there's also the Webdeveloper Toolbar
see this is what i want to edit and i need somethign to figure out where and what im editing and I know firefox has some great plugins that work well with MyBB
i used something in the past with firefix and since my hard drive crashed i lost all my bookmarks

example 3 parts i really want to edit .. by the way this is not my forum but its sorta like what im wanting to do where the red arrows are pointing on this forum as an example

[attachment=16442]

thanks up to now for all the help Rolleyes
(2009-12-09, 09:42 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]there's also the Webdeveloper Toolbar

this was what I was looking for, thanks so much frost, and also thanks for the rest of you who tried helping me find my answer ... im so happy now Smile
First before I can explain things, download Firebug. If it doesn't do what you want it to do then we can help you further. Firebug is a tool that resides in your Firefox application. It allows you to look at the source code of the current page and you can then make live changes to the code without actually updating the page. It's one of the best plugins you can get for Firefox in my opinion.

I'm a little confused with your diagram. Can you please explain what you want to do to your MyBB forum? The Firebug application isn't exactly compatible with MyBB and won't tell you anything about the variables, hooks, databases, etc. but it can help you with everything else.

Edit: I don't know if English is your second language (I don't mean to offend by this) but can you please attempt at using proper puncuation and sentence syntax in your posts? It makes support much quicker and helps us all with reading your posts.
(2009-12-09, 09:53 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]see this is what i want to edit and i need somethign to figure out where and what im editing and I know firefox has some great plugins that work well with MyBB
i used something in the past with firefix and since my hard drive crashed i lost all my bookmarks

example 3 parts i really want to edit .. by the way this is not my forum but its sorta like what im wanting to do where the red arrows are pointing on this forum as an example

thanks up to now for all the help Rolleyes
(2009-12-09, 09:42 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]there's also the Webdeveloper Toolbar

this was what I was looking for, thanks so much frost, and also thanks for the rest of you who tried helping me find my answer ... im so happy now Smile
You aren't patient!
I have already answered your question in my site.
I agree Sad
anyways my browser must of been acting up last night and that's why things were just not working but I do apologize for being a tab bit pushy on getting help in this thread ...

I have now all the answers in my court on editing with Firefox and again thank you everyone for your time and help Smile