MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal SQL error and cannot continue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone please tell me what caused this?

[Image: vcqo3b.jpg]
There is a limit on how many connects a user may have to your MyBB forum. That user exceeds that limit. I think.

Ask them to clear their cookies, log out then attempt to log back in again.

If that does not work, be patient and wait for support staff or a developer to answer your support thread. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you.
Thanks AussieJay, but it was me.. the admin that got this error.
I was only logged in once, then got this error. Something is not right?
The user name i removed in the pic was also the db user name.. was not mine.

Before this happened, the board was CRAWLING!!! SLOW!!!
Sounds like a host issue - your forum might be outgrowing what your host can support.

max_user_connections is the amount of people that can connect to your database at once. You'll need this increased by your host, or find yourself a new host.
Thanks Tom, i will contact my host.

Can any of you recommend a good host that would be suitable for a mybb forum?
The host would need to be able to handle this sort of thing and be a reasonable monthly price.
I don't want to go to a "dedicated server" thats way to costly and this is only a hobby. I am paying everything myself.

I am currently using godaddy as a host.

Thanks Smile
Here is a good question,

What about a Virtual Dedicated server?
Will that make much of a difference over the shared server i am on now?

Here is what i have now .. for $6.99/mo
ECONOMY PLAN *Shared Hosting

I could upgrade to this,
Virtual Dedicated Economy Plan $29.99/mo
• 256 MB RAM Guaranteed (1 GB RAM Bursted)
• Linux: CentOS or Fedora

What i want to know is, will it really make THAT much of a difference paying for that Virtual Dedicated over the shared?
I encountered the same issue with my forum. We had many users connecting at once and we had a crappy free host. We probably still do...but that's not the point.

There may be good hosts available here or by taking the time to search through websites and search engines.

I don't know about virtual dedidicated servers though. Perhaps ask the host? They can answer for you.
Thanks again Jay.

I will wait till i get some suggestion from others here.
I know Virtual Dedicated is still shared, but you are guaranteed some resources.
Just not sure if thats really going to be much of a performance boost to warrant the $30 a month over what i have now.
(2009-12-09, 02:33 PM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]Just not sure if thats really going to be much of a performance boost to warrant the $30 a month over what i have now.

Most (decent) places will offer a 30-day refund on services so you can try and see if it's what you need.
Thanks Tom Smile

I sent MattRogowski a PM to ask for his help moving the board and setting it up on the new Virtual Dedicated Server.

I hope he has the time.
He's a great guy and his help is gold Wink