MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I make MyBB private?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just installed MyBB and I would like to make it available only to registered users.

I figured out how to do this for a Forum or a Category but the member List and the Calendar are still very much visible.

Thanks,
de
Go to your acp, then User Groups / Guests then Miscellaneous tab.
Uncheck Can view calendar? and Can view member list?

You can also do the same for the "Awaiting Activation" group.. or any other Wink
Or skip the calendar and memberlist and uncheck Can view board?

That's how I would do it, since I'm bad@$$ lol Toungue
True that ..hehe
Buts its good for the board layout to be viewed if you want to tease potential new members Wink
Would you join a board that you can't see whats their before joining? I know i wouldn't Toungue
Thanks guys,

I am almost embarrassed to have post the question in the first place. It couldn't have been easier or at a better location.

AussieJay your suggestion is even better. We would like to keep it private so the less interesting it is to outsiders the better.

Thanks again guys!!
I would like to make my members list available to members only. At the moment I dont have access to the members list on the forum. I have to go into the Dashboard to access it Sad
Its better to make another thread for your question rdw46n .

Go to: ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > [Options] > Edit group > Miscellaneous > and tick the "Can view member list?" option to the group you wish to allow them to view member list page.
sorry about that. I wasnt sure how to create a new thread. Thanks for your help
No problem Always glad to help rdw46n Wink
(2011-01-11, 03:51 AM)co1986 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry ,i come accorss the same problem.

Can you please explain your problem ?
Pages: 1 2